10 Tips For Getting a Tattoo
Getting your first tattoo is a very bold decision that can lead to a lifetime of regret if you don’t get things right. It’s understandable to be a little bit intimidated by the idea. We want your first tattoo experience to be one that you remember for all of the right reasons, so we created these 10 tips for getting a tattoo. While most of these are geared toward people getting their first ink, even tattoo veterans can be reminded of a few things they may have forgotten. Adhering to these simple guidelines should make the experience great for both you and the tattooist.
Image 1 of 16
1. Do your research when choosing a tattoo and an artist.
- Don’t rush yourself when choosing an idea. You’re going to have to live with it forever.
- Most artists have a speciality, think about this when choosing one. If you want a photorealistic tattoo don’t choose an artist who specializes in American Traditional, for example.
- Don’t ask to have your neck/face/hands tattooed if it’s your first tattoo, you will most likely be denied.
- Look into the cost of the tattoo before walking into the shop, don’t sacrifice the tattoo you want to get a good deal. Save up to get the right ink.
- Be prepared to be placed on a large wait list for the more popular artists.