Inked Girls: Samantha Scarlette
Myself in a sentence: Rock N Roll Bitch. My whole life is about rock music, pretty much.
Occupation: Singer / Fashion Designer
Hometown: New York City
The design and themes of my tattoos: All of my tattoos are music related and in purple... With the exception of this tattoo of teal star/diamond design off of the first skateboard I ever snapped in half (yes, I used to skateboard), it now serves as the background for another tattoo. The "GC" tattoo is also not purple, being that it was done with black pen ink.
More specifics about my tattoo: 1. Tiny "GC" self done tattoo - 2004 - Inner Left Calf
2. Purple Gradient Heartgram - 2006 - right wrist
3. Teal Skateboard Star - 2008 - right wrist
4. "I see through the darkness, my way back home, the journey seems endless, but i'll carry on, the shadows will rise and they will fall and our night drowns in dawn" HIM lyrics - 2009 - right wrist
5. two tiny heartagrams at the beginning & end of the lyrics - 2009 - right wrist
6. Heartagram rosary - 2009 - left ankle/foot
7. Vertical "HIM" logo - 2010 - left wrist over star
8. Smashing Pumpkins "SP" heart logo - 2011 - inner left ankle as charm off rosary*
9. "Tonight Tonight" song logo from the Smashing Pumpkins "Mellon Collie & The Infinite Sadness" CD booklet - 2011 - inner left ankle as charm off rosary*
10. "Bullet With Butterfly Wings" song logo from the Smashing Pumpkins "Mellon Collie & The Infinite Sadness" CD booklet - 2011 - inner left ankle as charm off rosary*
*The tattoo artist used a light magenta shade of ink on my Smashing Pumpkins tattoos, which didn't fully take. I need to get them re-done in the same shade of purple as my other tattoos.
My favorite tattoo and the story behind it: The Heartagram Rosary on my left ankle/foot. I always loved the look of rosary tattoos, but I'm not religious at all so I wouldn't get a Catholic Rosary tattooed on me.... Instead I came up with the idea to use a Heartagram on the end of the rosary instead of a cross. I included other HIM iconography in it, such as replacing the connector that on a Catholic Rosary would usually have the image of the Virgin Mary on it, with a pentagram going into a heart. The tattoo took about 2 hours for the artist to complete, it hurt like hell (I remember feeling as though fire was being dragged over my foot the whole time, and clutching my sidekick phone for dear life), but in the end it was definitely worth it for the awesome result.
My next tattoo: I'm thinking of getting "LOVE LUST FAITH + DREAMS" on my left wrist. I really love Thirty Seconds To Mars, and even though it's not my favorite album of theres, I just really like the actual phrase its self... I see it as a motivating mantra.