A lawsuit follows the shockingly unexpected effect of the resort’s water fountain handrail.
MGM handrail, girl electrocuted mgm, mgm resort, mgm lawsuit, Zynae Green, Rydricka Rosier, bizarre lawsuits

6-year-old Zynae Green touched an illuminated handrail at the DC-area MGM resort. Now, she is so severely brain-damaged that she can’t walk or talk.

Zynae Green was with her family at the MGM National Harbor hotel in Oxon Hill, MD. On June 26, around 9 p.m., she touched the railing near a lit water fountain. According to the lawsuit report, 120 volts of electricity — 10 times the amount required to light the handrail — jolted through her. The suit is set to be filed today, in Prince George’s County, MD.

MGM handrail, girl electrocuted mgm, mgm resort, mgm lawsuit, Zynae Green, Rydricka Rosier, bizarre lawsuits

Zynae’s mother, Rydricka Rosier, and a security guard also were shocked while trying to pull the child off the railing, the suit says.

Zynae immediately went into cardiac arrest. There wasn’t even a defibrillator at the resort to help her, the documents reveal.

Zynae was rushed to a nearby hospital, where she stayed for two months before being transferred to an acute-care facility in Baltimore. The rehab center is a two-hour drive from the family’s Calvert, Md., home.

“Zynae suffered anoxic brain damage caused by a lack of oxygen,” the family’s lawyer, Benedict Morelli, said.

MGM handrail, girl electrocuted mgm, mgm resort, mgm lawsuit, Zynae Green, Rydricka Rosier, bizarre lawsuits

The child remains in a semi-vegetative state, breathing on her own, but only able to follow movement in the room with her eyes.

“From what we know medically, she will never recover,” Morelli said.

The child celebrated her sixth birthday yesterday, with her mother posting footage of her party on Facebook, writing: “Today is my baby’s birthday. Thanks to everyone for celebrating but it breaks my heart that she is here and not at home. Five months since MGM did this to our family and still no help from them. Our Zy Zy is a fighter but she needs help.”

Morelli said he met with MGM in July, but since then, they haven’t offered a dime toward Zynae’s care. MGM company representative denied the claim.

County investigators determined that faulty wiring related to “major” electrical code violations caused the incident.

The mismanaged wiring resulted from MGM’s rush job to open the 23-acre resort in 2016, following the legalization of gambling in Maryland, the lawsuit says.

An MGM spokeswoman blamed the contractor it hired to do the electrical work.

MGM handrail, girl electrocuted mgm, mgm resort, mgm lawsuit, Zynae Green, Rydricka Rosier, bizarre lawsuits

“The incident at National Harbor was a tragic accident, and we are all heartbroken that Zynae Green and her family continue to suffer,’’ the rep said. “We are committed to continue working with the family’s representative to reach a resolution.”

However, for the Green family, while their daughter is in a semi-vegetative state, there is no real resolution.