Russian Woman Embalmed ALIVE

Author:
Updated:
Original:

How Could the Hospital Make This Mistake?

While we've seen several unfortunate stories about people being buried alive, this is the first time that we've come across someone who has been embalmed alive. Embalming is the chemical process of preserving and sanitizing the corpse for a funeral or viewing, with the primary solution involved being formaldehyde. Formaldehyde is a naturally occurring organic compound that is extremely toxic and classified as a human carcinogen. Consumption and exposure can cause minor side effects such as dizziness, skin irritation, nausea, etc. to major consequences such as death. The latter consequence ultimately affected a woman in Russia, who was given a formaldehyde-drip accidentally in a routine surgery. Take a look at the gallery below to learn her tragic story and let us know your thoughts in the comment section on Facebook.

embalm 2