Woman Marries Love of Her Life and Dies


Connecticut Woman Loses Battle To Cancer After Exchanging Vows


Photo by Christina Lee Karas of Christina Lee Photography showing Heather Mosher with her husband on her wedding day.

“Til Death Do Us Part,” is, unfortunately, an accurate statement for this Connecticut woman who passed away in a hospital, 18 hours after getting married to her husband.

Heather Mosher was diagnosed with breast cancer in December 2016. The same day - on December 23 - husband David Mosher proposed to her, he told reporters.

The 31-year-old school psychologists’ breast cancer spread quickly, even with surgeries and chemotherapy, Mosher underwent. Doctors urged the madly-in-love couple to set the wedding date earlier than December 30, 2017.


Photo by Christina Lee Photography

The couple then decided to set the wedding for December 22, 2017, immediately a year after their engagement, the couple promised each other’s love by saying “I do” at St. Francis Hospital in Hartford, CT.

"It reminds me of someone who is crossing the finish line of a marathon or something," David Mosher told wfsb.com. “Nobody thought she would've made it that far.”

Dressed in a white wedding gown with a brown straight-hair wig, while hooked to an oxygen mask laying on a hospital bed, nothing else mattered anymore. Heather Mosher was ready to marry the love of her life.


Photo by Christina Lee Photography

The Mosher’s romance started back in May 2015 when they both took a swing-dance lesson. Moving forward fast, time was running out after Heather’s diagnosis.

“She didn't know I was going to propose that night, but I said to myself, she needs to know she's not going to go down this road alone," David said. "A pair of draft horses, a carriage, and I arranged it all for that night. We went out on the carriage ride and I proposed to her under a street light.”

A modern fairytale with a not so happy ending.

In September 2017 the Mosher’s found out that cancer reached Heather’s brain and the chances she would make it past October, were thin.


Photo by Christina Lee Photography

"She was tough. Anyone else would have given up a long time ago. The doctors even said we don't know how she's still here," said David. “I knew it was going to be the last time we were going to be together in a love way, it just seemed like the strangest funeral I've ever been to.”

18 hours after their exchange of vows, Heather lost her battle with cancer.

“She's my great love, and I'm going to lose her, but I'm not losing her forever," David said. "Heather said, 'I want to keep fighting,' so that's the mantra I'm picking up. She was able to fight til the end, I'm going to fight until my end.”